Sunday 20 February 2011

HAYLEY ST AIMEE - The Tattoo Artist.

Everyone say hi to this beauty.
Her name is Hayley St Aimee and she wants to be a tattoo artist when she's older.

This is my first friend interview so I'll ask her the basics. She's got a tumblr and I'll post the link to it at the bottom of this interview!

Here goes!

Sup, what's your name and how old are you?
Haha hey, My names Hayley and I'm sixteen.

So, you want to be a tattoo artist or a tattooist? I'm never quite sure what they're called. Why have you chosen this as a career path?
Yes, that's the main goal. I have always wanted to do something creative and artistic as a job, as it's something I love doing. And I want to look forward to waking up and going to work in the morning. For ages I couldn't decide on what I wanted to do. But then I was introduced to tattoos by my Uncle who is heavily covered. And also from my favourite tattoo artist Kat Von D. I soon fell in to love with everything about tattoos and tattooing and I can't wait to get the ball rolling.

Awesome! So I take it Kat Von D is your inspiration. Who else fits into that inspirational catergory of yours?
Yes she (Kat Von D) is a very BIG inspiration and meeting her was amazing, still can't believe it. I have quite a long list of artists work that I find inspiring Mark Ryden, James Jean, Banksy, Bob Tyrell, Jamel Shabazz, Bruce Davidson and thats just to name a few. I love anyone with a real diverse outlook on art.

So, what are you doing at the moment?
Right now I'm working in retail whilst trying to build up a really good portfolio to eventually take round to lots of tattoo studios and try and find work. I also like to take photos and look at other peoples art of inspiration.

Is there anything else you like doing besides drawing on bodies?
Hahaha at school I really liked maths. Although I haven't had a maths lesson in so long I've probably forgotten everything. I can also play piano. And of course chilling with my bitches and exploring the world are just a few of my favourite pass times.

Ergh, I hate maths! The worst subject ever! And Oooh the piano, I play that too. On the note of music, have you got a favourite artist at the moment?
Haha, at the moment I'm loving all the new to the scene Uk artist Jessie J , Ed Sheeran, Labrinth and the soon to come Rita Ora. I think I have the most diverse taste when it comes to music, I could seriously listen and enjoy pretty much all genres.

Awesome! Favourite song right now?
Ermm although neither of them are new I can't stop listening to Ed Sheeran - Be like you, Jessie J - Whose laughing now and Prince - I wanna be your lover

Coolness! Have you got a specific clothing style? And who's your favourite designer?
Come to think of it my style is quite diverse too, Im always switching it up, my two favourite designers are Ashish Gupta and Vivienne Westwood.

Lastly, have you got a blog or a website that people can follow you on?
I'm always on twitter @HAYLEYSTAIMEE and my blog www.failtoconform.tumblr.com

COOOOLESS! Ok, well it was good talking to you and getting to know more about Hayley. You're a unique individual and I really hope you inspire people into not following the ways of society! Hopefully I'll conduct another interview with you soonish!
Haha nice talking to you too. And I look forward to it !

Again, here's some links to her personal Twitter and blog:
@HAYLEYSTAIMEE www.failtoconform.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment