Monday 4 February 2013

Niki And The Dove



Now, I spoke this in the previous post, but I don't think I have spoken about my love for Niki and the Dove on here before.
Niki and the Dove is a group made up of two people, a man and a woman called Malin Dahlström and Gustaf Karlöf. They were formed in February 2010 and they are from one of the coolest places in he world; Europe!

So I accidentally stumbled across one of their songs by accident, called 'The Drummer' some time ago, and I thought the song was amazing, so I decided to buy their album on iTunes and it was possibly one of the best things I have ever decided to do. Their album is one of those albums that you can listen to from beginning to end without skipping a single song.

It's that good.

They are a mixture of indie and electronic funk, just my kind of music. I would as she is Sweden's equilibent to Florence and the machine and I think that is what got me hooked on their music.

So I went to Leeds festival in summer of last year I saw them and they blew my mind. I cried a little bit. Malin was amazing. I was mesmerised by her stage presence, and I was amazed by her voice and the fact that she sounds so much better live than recorded.

No comments:

Post a Comment